Perinatal Mental Health
“Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body” -Elizabeth Stone, Author.
Pregnancy and parenthood, whilst joyous, are also often stressful and vulnerable times for families. Rachelle offers support through every stage of this journey for both Mothers and Fathers:
- Ante-natal and post-natal anxiety and depression
- Parent-infant/ child attachment and relationships
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Connecting with and understanding your infant/ child
- Infant mental health
- History of childhood trauma and attachment disruption
- Traumatic birth experiences
- Perinatal grief and loss
- Navigating the couple relationship as parents together
Rachelle has a special interest in supporting couples with parenting in the early years. Even the most solid relationships can feel challenged by parenthood and issues such as perinatal anxiety and depression, colic and reflux, feeding or medical problems and sleep deprivation can negatively impact parents coping and connection with each other. Rachelle supports parents to address such difficulties and helps them to nurture their couple relationship whilst also being a strong and resilient parenting team.